Year 5 Lemurs
We're the Lemurs!
We're social and clever, athletic and vocal. We love to explore in groups with our friends.
Peter Freeman, Teacher
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
The Lion and the Mouse - Aesop's Fables
What we're learning
- Children should come dressed in their PE kits on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Please note that the Tuesday PE lesson will be swimming with Tigers attending in autumn, Macaws in spring and Lemurs in summer
- Spellings are set on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- The children are expected to read for 10 minutes each evening, practise spellings and complete 5 minutes on Times Tables Rockstars. Their log ins for TTRS can be found in the back of their homework diary.
- Please sign your child's homework diary weekly.
- Children attend the library fortnightly.
Pupil Voice Groups
Following applications written by the children at school, the following pupils were chosen to represent our different pupil voice groups. These groups are led by teachers and will involve meetings and projects across the year for the children to be involved in.
- School Council – Ophelia
- Arts Committee - Amelia
- Reading Ambassador - Elise
- Digital Leader - Maia
- Eco-committee - Lucy
- French Ambassador - Betty
- Sports Crew - Ava
- Science Squad - Izzy
Please make use of the following to support your child's learning:
- Daily reading
- Reading Passport
- OJS Passport
- Daily TTRS
- Complete MyMaths (x2 sessions per week)
- Weekly spellings