Year 6 Meerkats
We're the Meerkats!
We are alert and friendly, big-hearted and wise. We help one another and work wonders together!
Kate Ritchie, Teacher
"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely"
The Twits - Roald Dahl
What we're learning this term
- Children should come dressed in their PE kits on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Spellings are set on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- The children are expected to read for 10 minutes each evening, practise spellings and complete 5 minutes on Times Tables Rockstars. Their log ins for TTRS can be found in the back of their homework diary.
- Please sign your child's homework diary weekly.
Pupil Voice Groups
Following applications written by the children at school, the following pupils were chosen to represent our different pupil voice groups. These groups are led by teachers and will involve meetings and projects across the year for the children to be involved in.
- School Council – Amara
- Arts Committee – Penelope
- Reading Ambassador – Hamish
- Digital Leader – Camilo
- Eco-committee – Noah
- French Ambassador – Francesca
- Sports Crew – Henry
- Science Squad – Kemp
Please make use of the following to support your child's learning:
- Daily reading
- Reading Passport
- OJS Passport
- Daily TTRS
- Complete MyMaths(x3 sessions per week)
- Weekly spellings