School staff at Oatlands Junior School are trained to meet the needs of all the children. If they feel that your child needs extra support, they will contact you to talk this through. Staff recognise that you know your child best and will want to talk through their concerns and observations and how best to support your child. We also recognise and understand that you see your child in a wide range of environments and may have concerns of your own. If you have any concerns your child's teacher is usually the best person to raise these with.
It is important to remember that many children just need a few simple changes to make a big difference.
If you have any concerns about your child and the progress they are making at school:
- make an appointment to speak to your child's class teacher to discuss your concerns
- following these discussions, if it is felt that your child would benefit from additional and different support or provision, the teacher may discuss it with the SENDCo before deciding on the best course of action for your child
- the teacher will meet with you again and discuss a plan for your child and explain how the school will provide additional and different support or provision to help meet your child’s needs
- school will closely monitor the impact of the plan, review and adjust it at least every term (or earlier if necessary), taking information for this from your child, the class teacher and support staff, assessments and yourself where appropriate
- school will keep you informed about the additional support your child is receiving, and the impact this is having, by sending you the reviewed and adjusted plans