Year 5 Macaws
We’re the Macaws!
Welcome to our class. We’re lively and positive, brilliant and bright. We fly high and make the most of every day!
Ellen Ramsey, Teacher
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”
Peter Pan - JM Barrie
What we're learning this term
- Children should come dressed in their PE kits on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Please note that the Tuesday PE lesson will be swimming with Tigers attending in autumn, Macaws in spring and Lemurs in summer.
- Spellings are set on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- The children are expected to read for 10 minutes each evening, practise spellings and complete 5 minutes on Times Tables Rockstars. Their log ins for TTRS can be found in the back of their homework diary.
- Please sign your child's homework diary weekly.
- Children attend the library fortnightly.
Pupil Voice Groups
Following applications written by the children at school, the following pupils were chosen to represent our different pupil voice groups. These groups are led by teachers and will involve meetings and projects across the year for the children to be involved in.
- School Council - Andrew
- Arts Committee - Ruby
- Reading Ambassador - Thea
- Digital Leader - Dylan
- Eco-committee - Jack
- French Ambassador - Faye
- Sports Crew - Jishnu
- Science Squad - Wilf
Please make use of the following to support your child's learning:
- Daily reading
- Reading Passport
- OJS Passport
- Daily TTRS
- Complete MyMaths (x2 sessions per week)
- Weekly spellings