Year 5 Tigers
We're the Tigers!
We're daring and determined, quick and strong, we face every challenge head on!
Rachel Coyne, Teacher
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
What we're learning
- Children should come dressed in their PE kits on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Please note that the Tuesday PE lesson will be swimming with Tigers attending in autumn, Macaws in spring and Lemurs in summer
- Spellings are set on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- The children are expected to read for 10 minutes each evening, practise spellings and complete 5 minutes on Times Tables Rockstars. Their log ins for TTRS can be found in the back of their homework diary.
- Please sign your child's homework diary weekly.
- Children attend the library on Thursday.
Pupil Voice Groups
Following applications written by the children at school, the following pupils were chosen to represent our different pupil voice groups. These groups are led by teachers and will involve meetings and projects across the year for the children to be involved in.
- Wellbeing Ambassador: Anna
- Maths Ambassador: Charlie F
- Arts Commitee: Penelope
- Reading Ambassador: Sophia
- Digital Leader: Edo
- ECO Committee: Emily
- Sports Crew: Jack
- Science Squad: Bella
Please make use of the following to support your child's learning:
- Daily reading
- Reading Passport
- OJS Passport
- Daily TTRS
- Complete MyMaths (x2 sessions per week)
- Weekly spellings